Today's NCAA Football 13 title update fixes two major bugs
Today is July 31st, which marks the arrival of the first NCAA 13 Football title update aimed at fixing two big issues: loss of functionality on the Playcall screen and the random crash in Dynasty mode.
The first issue is notable on the Playcall screen, which creates a situation where you can't change the formation without pausing the game. I've run into this issue once since owning the game.
The second major issue, which has happened more frequently to me, is the random crash in Dynasty mode while loading into a Dynasty game. I've also noticed it sometimes freezes post-game, but EA didn't say if this update would also fix that.
Today's update is the first of two already-planned updates mentioned by EA back in mid-July. As previously noted, the second will take a little more time as it contains more bug fixes. It is expected to be released by Sony and Microsoft by the end of August.
Here are the latest patch notes for the two upcoming updates, as of July 19th:
Zone Defense has been updated.
- We improved receiver leverage logic as well as predicting when a receiver will be in or out of their zone.
- Improved Deep Half Zone decision making about when to split between uncovered receivers. Also, allow more zone overlapping in deep half to cover more area.
- Deep half defenders were dropping too close to the sideline or dropping outside when no receiver was outside of their position.
- No-Huddle QB Spy bug fixed. Defenders will no longer go into spy assignments while in man coverage.
- Receivers weren’t looking for hot-read passes.
- CPU QBs passing during the drop would get set passes instead of on-the-run inaccurate passes.
- Change the logic of man defenders so they don't run into the backfield and past the receiver they are covering.
- Route running near sideline was causing issues especially on comeback routes.
- Fixed players not respecting global show blitz/press/back off coverage after handing off a receiver.
- Fixed sideline streak routes so they don't get clamped in a way that the route would end after 10 or 15 yards.
- Drive summaries should now reset after each scoring drive.
- Zone Defense has been updated.
- Once a promise becomes active, it was duplicating after each week advance.
- Recruit Reports & Advisory options remained even after the "Allow Time Savers" setting was turned off.
- Schools with a D+ Program Tradition could not get their grade increased through wins and championships.
- In the off-season, post season games were not shown to have been played.
- Fixed an issue where if CPU coaches were given a custom playbook, the players were occasionally lining up close to the ball.
- Fixed an issue where the user was unable to create an offensive playbook that consisted of 1 of every formation.
- Fixed an issue where the user was sometimes losing functionality after the UI disappears in Custom Playbooks.
- Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.
"After these title updates are released, we will continue to monitor forums and look at our internal telemetry to see if there are additional updates we should release," EA promised. 'The NCAA Football Development Team is committed to releasing a fun and stable product for all of its fans."