Minecraft Snapshot 12w25a released
Mojang is getting ready for the eventual release of Minecraft patch 1.3, but while the team is still focused on bug fixing they've released a snapshot that contains a few small additions and fixes.
Here's what snapshot 12w25a includes:
- Added a menu with options for opening your single-player world
- The multi-player menu now scans for LAN servers (single-player worlds)
- Villagers will remove trade options after the option has been used 3-15 times
- Added wooden stairs for the remaining three wood types
- Corrected Ender Chest storage (no longer whiped on respawning)
- A lot of smaller changes and fixes
In the meantime, lead developer Jens Bergensten talked a little about what's holding back the 1.3 patch.
"The biggest problem right now is that since the game is hosting a server in the background, the game requires more hardware resources than before," he explained. "We're trying to figure out a way to solve that."
You can find the Minecraft shapshot for week 25 here: