QUAKE LIVE Premium Pak 12 now available
Bethesda has announced a content update for Pro and Premium subscribers to QUAKE LIVE, id Software's browser-based free-to-play first person shooter. Premium Pak 12, now available, includes five new game modes, a new Star-a-Match interface offering in-depth match customization options, more than 200 customization settings, and four new premium arenas.
New Game Modes
- Attack & Defend: Teams alternate between offensive and defensive roles, taking turns at infiltrating the enemy base to steal their flag or eliminate the enemy team while trying.
- Domination: Two teams must fight to capture and hold a series of command points to score points.
- Harvester: Team game where members of each team collect skulls of fallen opponents and take them to the enemy base for points before getting fragged by the enemy team.
- One Flag: A neutral flag spawns in the middle of the arena, and two teams fight for its possession so that they may run it into the enemy base for capturing.
- Red Rover: A mix between Clan Arena and Free For All, when you frag a player on the opposing team, they switch to your team and help you hunt down the remaining enemies. The round ends when all players are on the same team. The player with the highest score at the end of 10 rounds of play is the winner!
New Premium Arenas
- Camper Crossings: Inspired by perennial favorite Campgrounds, the middle ground of Camper features the iconic jump pad taking you from bottom to top in an instant. Once you move into the bases things start to look a little less familiar, with three hallways to bring you into the flag room. Attackers will find themselves either dropping down or jumping up to reach the flag, with a hallway behind the stand that can be taken advantage of by both teams. An acceleration pad in the base allows attackers to fly across the flag room, or to be used as clay pigeons and be railed out of the air.
- Cliffside: First seen in Quake Arena Arcade, Cliffside takes place on a mountaintop above the clouds. Combining Gothic themes with the open areas seen in maps like Longest Yard, Cliffside is definitely one of the most gorgeous maps in QUAKE LIVE to date. A castle featuring a smattering of rooms faces an island that holds the Railgun. Keep an eye out when indoors for the Quad Damage; you’ll need to do a slight rocket jump to reach it. The island also features an Invulnerability sphere, which can be deployed most humorously while midair in a jumpad, to send people, including yourself, falling to their death.
- Jumpwerkz: Also debuting in QUAKE LIVE from Quake Arena Arcade, Jumpwerkz is a fast CTF arena with an open flag room. The highlight of the arena is the two tunnels in the middle, built into a large concrete structure. These acceleration pads provide a super-fast path to propel players onto the top decks of the bases, while a slower, more manual route is available by dropping down and taking the low route. Jumpwerkz is a pretty simple design, leaving a lot of room to maneuver around the space.
- Space Camp: Included as a bonus, is the April Fool’s 2011 arena, Space Camp. This is a version of the popular Campgrounds arena mirrored, and set in space, with a new weapon layout.
In addition, all QUAKE LIVE premium content will be free through Sunday, May 6th. Beginning today, new Premium and Pro subscribers will receive one or two free two-week Pro Subscription Tokens which can be redeemed to extend the subscription or gifted to a friend.
The Free Premium Week content includes:
- Over 50 Premium Arenas
- 6 Premium Game Modes
- All Premium in-game Features
- No payment or credit card required
The QUAKE LIVE ‘Standard’ version is still free to play and includes friend lists, access to one clan, matchmaking, and stats tracking delivered through a web browser with more than 40 arenas and five game modes. To create an account, visit the QUAKE LIVE official website.