Cam Newton and Calvin Johnson revealed as Madden NFL 13 Cover Vote finalists
It's Cam Newton vs Calvin Johnson in the Madden NFL 13 Cover Vote competition finale.
The two finalists were revealed today, pitting the Carolina Panthers breakout quarterback against the Detroit Lions star wide receiver. Cam Newton beat out Patrick Willis 53% to 47% while Calvin Johnson dominated Aaron Rodgers 67% to 33%.
Who will emerge victorious and grace the cover of Madden NFL 13? Well, that's up to you fans!
From now until April 25th head over the Sports Nation page and vote on who you think should be the cover athlete for Madden NFL 13.
I'm not going to try and persuade you on who to vote for (though I originally predicted Johnson should be), but I will provide some statistics from last year to help you make the tough decision. Both athletes are extremely gifted and deserve to be on the cover, but here are some stats.
Cam Newton - Carolina Panthers QB
- 310 completions on 517 attempts (60% completion)
- 4,051 passing yards, 21 passing touchdowns, 17 interceptions
- 84.5 QB rating
- 126 rushes for 706 yards (5.6 average)
- 14 rushing touchdowns, 2 fumbles
Calvin Johnson - Detroit Lions WR
- 96 receptions for 1,681 yards (17.5 average)
- Most receiving yards in NFL last year
- 105.1 yards per game
- 16 touchdowns, 1 fumble
- 2nd most receiving touchdowns in NFL last year