Resistance returns to PS Vita with 8-person multiplayer
The PS Vita promises to be the first portable system truly designed for authentic multiplayer gaming, with a big ol' screen to run around on and a much-loved second thumbstick for proper camera control. Though a true killer app hasn't yet arrived for the device, we're thinking that the multiplayer onslaught shown in this Resistance: Burning Skies trailer, makes it a definite contender.
Game Info: Resistance: Burning Skies is a 2012 First-Person Shooter release in Sony Computer Entertainment's Resistance franchise. Designed exclusively for play on the PlayStation Vita handheld gaming console, Burning Skies continues the story of the invasion of Earth by the alien Chimeran horde in an alternate fictional Earth past. The game features an all-new hero, a story set in New York City, new weapons, a challenging campaign mode, a social networking feature and other PS Vita-specific functionality.
The Attack Begins on the North American East Coast
May 15th 1951: the attack on North America's east coast begins...
As New Jersey fire fighter and National Guardsman Tom Riley, you're about to come face to face with the brutal Chimeran invasion force in this blistering shooter built from the ground up for PlayStation Vita system. The latest installment in the hugely successful franchise, Resistance: Burning Skies focuses on a new mission that parallels and complements the existing Resistance storyline.
Key Game Features
- The first ever touch-screen First-Person Shooter on PlayStation Handheld - developed to showcase the functions of PlayStation Vita
- A brand-new hero character, FDNY firefighter Tom Riley
- A familiar arsenal of weapons from previous Resistance games, plus new weapons like a new Chimeran sniper rifle and a fireman's axe
- Featuring a frenetic campaign mode
- A social networking feature that links players and non-players into a vast worldwide Resistance community