Kalypso's screenshot blowout: Legends of Pegasus
Fans of 4X games can get excited once again for Legends of Pegasus from Kalypso. No this isn't a 4X game involving tending for legendary unicorns, but rather takes place in space, in the 23rd century.
LEGENDS OF PEGASUS takes you to an epic journey into space and mixes real-time and turn-based strategy. Players will expand their civilization in the galaxy by colonizing new planets, building factories, laboratories and shipyards, researching new technologies and designing new spacecrafts to keep on exploring new galaxies. Battles are played real-time and decided not only by your tactical skills, but also by your strategic decisions and the design and equipment of your ships.
It also features:
- 4X SF setting: eXplore! eXpand! eXploit! eXterminate!
- An unique mix of turn-based and real-time strategy gameplay
- Stunning 3D graphics
- Three races and twelve playable factions
- Hundreds of technologies to research in a dynamic and extensive tech-tree
- A living universe, filled with numerous non-player civilizations
- Easy to use, but difficult to master, the game can be enjoyed both by new gamers and by hardcore 4X veterans
- An epic single player campaign
- Multiplayer features
- Extensive modding options
And for your viewing pleasure, we not only have a bunch of screenshots, but the first teaser as well.