Skyrim 1.4.27 update now available on Steam
Bethesda has released Skyrim update 1.4.27 for PC via Steam.
Previously in beta, the update is now officially available for download to everyone playing Skyrim on Steam.
A week ago, Bethesda released the beta update 1.4.26 which included many fixes to the recently released Skyrim Steam Workshop. The beta update included many fixes requested by fellow Skyrim modders. A day later, the developers released a small update bringing Skyrim to beta 1.4.27. The small update fixed only one thing: "followers now sneak properly when the player is sneaking."
Both of those releases, however, were only in beta and only recommended if you were affected by any of the issues mentioned at the time.
Now that Skyrim update 1.4.27 is official, it is safe for everyone to download.
The Skyrim update 1.4.27 patch notes are below and apply to PC only (via Bethesda):
- Fixed issue with downloading mods when you are subscribed to more than 50 mods
- Fixed crash when loading a subscribed mod that has been removed from Workshop by the author
- Mod load order functionality
BUG FIXES (PC only)
- Fixed occasional crashes when loading a save that relies on plugins/master files that no longer exist
- Fixed issue where controls would become unresponsive while charging an enchanted weapon
- Fixed issue where controls would occasionally become unresponsive while switching from third to first person while using the Arcane Enchanter
- Fixed issue where controls would become unresponsive if activating a crafting station with autorun active
- Fixed issue where keyboard would fail if Rename Item was selected before choosing the number of charges, while using Arcane Enchanter
- Fixed several issues with remapping buttons while using an Xbox 360 controller
- Fixed issue where pressing Escape button after fast traveling but before the loading would cause certain menus to stop working properly
- Followers now sneak properly when player is sneaking