Skyrim 1.3 Update Now Available on PSN in Europe
Bethesda has just informed us that The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim patch 1.3 is now available for PlayStation 3 users in Europe. Users should now be able to download the latest Skyrim update from PSN.
As for the U.S. gamers waiting to download the 1.3 patch on their PS3, Bethesda said they'll let us know when it's up in North America. A Behtesda Community Manager has stated that SCEE and SCEA have different approval processes, so it's "possible" that the U.S. patch won't be released today. However, he did confirmt aht "it should be soon."
After the long wait, the anticipated patch should fix the following:
- General stability improvements
- Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs (PC)
- Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
- Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
- Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes
- Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
- Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate
Unfortunately, the 1.3 update for PS3 won't fix the long-term lag issues plaguing the PlayStation 3 version of the game. Hopefully this will be fixed with later updates that Bethesda has promised to release.
The 1.3 patch was released for Xbox 360 users earlier today and there have been very few complaints of bugs, though some are complaining that it hasn't fixed their texture issues.