Bastion Update 8 Released on Steam
Supergiant Games has released a new update for Bastion. Update 8, which addresses several issues, can also be considered a form of DLC as it adds the new Stranger's Dream scenario along with other new content. The update will be applied automatically when you restart your Steam client.
Bastion update 8 adds four new Steam achievements, new gameplay modes, and new content.
The change list includes:
The Stranger’s Dream
- a new fully narrated Who Knows Where sequence, bigger and tougher than the others.
Score Attack Mode
- a challenging new way to play through the story! You start at level one with all Spirits and Idols unlocked. Combat performance is rated for efficiency, and all areas are repeatable.
- for those who just want to experience the story of Bastion, this mode provides unlimited chances to carry on from where you left off if you’re defeated in battle.
- Added two new Leaderboards for the Stranger’s Dream and Score Attack Mode.
Added four new Steam Achievements! They are:
Ride the Wind
- Use the Skyway in the Wharf District.
All in the Mind
- Complete the Stranger's Dream with five or more Shrine Idols invoked.
About the Author
- Complete the Stranger's Dream with all ten Shrine Idols invoked.
- Earn a total of at least 1,000,000 points in Score Attack Mode.
- Ride the Wind
- Fixed an issue in Prosper Bluff that could cause players to get stuck in a specific area.
- Fixed an issue in the final area of the game where players could fall through the environment unexpectedly.
- Fixed some English-language subtitles.
To access the Stranger’s Dream sequence as well as Score Attack Mode, you need to have finished the game at least once. The Stranger’s Dream sequence will be available early on in your New Game Plus or Score Attack play-through. For more information on Bastion technical support, visit the support FAQ topic in the Steam forum.