Raptr: Skyrim the Most Played Game of 2011
Raptr, a widely used stat tracking service, has revealed its list of 2011 stat winners. According to their service numbers, Bethesda's The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has trampled the likes of Modern Warfare 3 and Gears of War 3 to become the "Most Played Game of 2011."
Raptr's awards were based on data from gamer behavior and activities, including average individual playtime, average session length and total playtime share. Below are the major categories and their winners:
• Most Played Game – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
• Most Played Shooter – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
• Most Played RPG – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
• Most Played Open-World Game – Batman: Arkham City
• Most Played Sports Game – FIFA Soccer 12
• Most Played Social Game – The Sims Social
• Most Played New IP – L.A. Noire
• Most Successful Paid to Free-to-Play Game – DC Universe Online
The entire list of winners, along with the highlights of the 2011 gaming year, can be seen by clicking here.