Analysts Predict Xbox 360 Sales Doubled PS3's in U.S. For November
If these analyst predictions are correct, Microsoft is about to receive some more good news. Last week reports showed the Xbox 360 broke sales records, selling 960,000 units in one week. In light of the biggest sales week in Xbox history, analyst firms Wedbush Morgan and EEDAR both expect Xbox 360 to be the monthly winner in sales.
According to predictions, it's believed that Xbxo 360 has sold roughly twice as many units as PS3, DS, and 3DS in the United States last month.
Wedbush / EEDAR November sales estimates (change year-on-year):
- Xbox 360 - 1,445,000 (+5%) / 1,380,000 (0%)
- Wii - 1,050,000 (-17%) / 900,000 (-29%)
- DS - 750,000 (-50%) / 690,000 (-54%)
- PS3 - 750,000 (+41%) / 693,000 (+31%)
- 3DS - 760,000 (n/a) / 650,000 (n/a)
- PSP - 225,000 (-22%) / 175,000 (-39%)
- PS2 - 20,000 (-75%) / n/a
- Total - 5,000,000 (-1%) / 4,488,000 (-11%)
As for software sales, Wedbush's Michael Pachter predicts $1.5 billion in sales, up 3% compared to November 2010. Sales are expected to be led by Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, which held the top spot in UK charts for the fourth straight week, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, and Saints Row: The Third.