DICE Reveals Future Battlefield 3 Balance Updates
DICE has received tons of player feedback and is giving you a sneak peak of the changes they have in store for future Battlefield 3 updates.
Battlefield 3's Core Gameplay Designer Alan Kertz has posted a modified change list on the Battlelog. While the list does mention a ton of new balance changes, Kertz noted that "the USAS-12, F2000, IRNV, Flashlights, and several other issues are not in this list. That does not mean they are not being balanced, this list is NOT exhaustive."
Below is the list of potential upcoming balance changes coming to Battlefield 3, pending Community feedback.
- Increased the locking distance for Jets when locking on laser designated targets.
- Increased the damage the MBT's primary weapon does to other main battle tanks.
- AA Missiles should no longer kill the pilot instead of the vehicle.
- Tank rounds will now instantly destroy Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Scout Helicopters.
- Using flares too early will no longer distract missiles fired at long range. The missile must be approaching the vehicle in order to reliably be distracted by flares.
- Attack Helicopter Guided Rockets will now only track ground targets, as originally intended.
- Reduced the direct damage done by helicopter gunners vs armor.
- Slightly increased the blast radius of the rounds fired by helicopter gunners vs infantry.
- Vehicle weapons should now suppress correctly.
- Increased the direct hit damage of the APFSDS rounds for the IFVs.
- Miniguns and Helicopter Gunners now more quickly destroy parked cars.
- Significantly increased the damage of Laser Guided Top Attack missiles.
- Javelin missiles fired without laser targeting now do more damage to the side and rear of MBTs.
- Slightly reduced the repair speed of the repair tool.
- Fixed a problem when locking on to two nearby targets, the locking should no longer jump rapidly between multiple targets.
- Reduced the total number of RPG and SMAW missiles carried from 5 to 4.
- Slightly reduced the locking time of all weapons vs Laser Designated targets.
- Slightly reduced the effective blast radius of the RPG and SMAW projectiles against infantry.
- Reduced the recoil of the SKS rifle and slightly increased its power at close range.
- Semiautomatic sniper rifles, Assault Rifles, and LMGs now have more consistent damage over long range.
- Increased the close range damage maximum range of 9x39mm ammo.
- Increased the spawn protection time from 1sec to 2sec. The protection will still be immediately canceled as soon as the player moves or shoots.
- Spawn protection will no longer be canceled by the player looking around.
- Slightly increased the speed at which a player can shoot again after sprinting.
It’s important to note:
• This list is provided as a way for the Community to give us feedback on potential Balance changes to the game.
• This list is specifically focused on Balance changes. Feature requests and bug fixes are purposefully absent from this list.
• There is no guarantee that any of these Balance changes will make it into a future update at all, nor is this list a guarantee that there will be future updates.
What are your thoughts of the potential balance changes for Battlefield 3?