Minecraft 1.0.0 Release Change-Log Detailed
It's only been a few days since the release of Minecraft 1.0.0, but we've compiled a list of the changes in the "official" Minecraft release. As confirmed by Jeb, Minecraft 1.0.0 includes bug fixes from all of the 1.9 Pre-Release Updates, with the additions of new sounds and some other minor changes.
The list of changes and fixes in Minecraft 1.0 include:
- A proper ending to the game in a realm called "The End"
New Nether content.
- Nether Brick
- Nether Brick Stairs
- Nether Brick Fence
- New achievements
- Score is stated on death based on total experience orbs held on the player
- A new game mode (Hardcore)
- New biomes. (Mushroom Biome, Tundra reintroduced)
- Eye of Ender
- Blaze Powder
- Blaze Rod
- Glistering Melon
- Glass Bottle
- New Texture for the back of Steve's head. (Confirmed)
New Texture for most Blocks.
- Iron (Block)
- End Stone
- Brewing Stand
- Enchantment Table
- New mobs. (Enderdragon (Boss Mob), Snow Golem, Mooshroom Cows, Villager Mobs, Magma Cube, Blaze)
- Animal breeding
- Tool rebalance as well as enchantments
- Swords do less damage
- Improved Armor system
- Mob health rebalance. (Sheep, Spiders, Zombies)
- New sound effects, including: Chest sound, Door/Gate sound, Bow Sound, Enderman sound, Silverfish sound, Explosion sound, Egg sound, eating sound, sound when xp orbs are collected, sound of bones cracking after fall damage is taken, sound of a broken tool
- Item Repair.
- New Stronghold content (Portal Rooms with the end portal frames)
- Bow now has durability
- Lily Pads that can be placed on water and stood upon
- Axes now deal more damage to fences than swords
- Redstone Dust placed on its own no longer has a "plus" format, instead it has a small clump
While this is considered the "official" game, the development of Minecraft is far from over. Notch confirmed that he and the team will continue developing and adding to Minecraft post-release and as evidenced by his latest tweet, he looks to be keeping his word.
"Oh, and.. I've seen the bug reports.. We're kicking ourselves, and will fix it as soon as we get back to Sweden," Notch confirmed in a Tweet yesterday.
Click Here to see the complete Minecraft version 1.0.0 buglist, or to submit a bug.