StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Details Arrive
Blizzard has released the fact sheet for StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm, giving some new insight as to what the second installment of the SCII trilogy will contain. Aside from what we've learned about the new units in SCII: Heart of the Swarm, the fact sheet outlines new features in the upcoming sequel.
Some additions to the game include:
- Continues the epic story of StarCraft II from where Wings of Liberty left off.
- Approximately 20 new campaign missions.
- New campaign gameplay mechanics, allowing players to evolve new abilities and units for their zerg army.
- Go into battle with Kerrigan as she tries to restore her strength and regain control of the Swarm.
- New multiplayer units and maps, expanding strategic choice and gameplay depth for each race.
- Expanded features and functionality for Battle.net to improve custom-game search, and new tools for map authors to create even more epic custom games.
- New pre-rendered and in-game cinematics bring the story of Heart of the Swarm to life.
Nothing really shocking was revealed in the fact sheet, just a few more solid details - like 20 new missions. Of course, we knew the game would focus heavily on the Zerg race - led by Kerrigan (which I'm a bit confused seeing as how I saved her at the end of Wings of Liberty). I think the best news coming from this are the improvements to Battle.net.