Madden NFL 12 Week 5 Roster Updates Detailed, Available Tomorrow
EA's Madden Ratings Czar, Donny Moore, has just revealed the Madden NFL 12 Week 5 Roster Updates coming Friday for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. With another action-packed NFL week in the bag, EA is implementing over 400+ transactions, player equipment updates, and player rating adjustments in this week's online rosters update.
This week's big winner was Indianapolis LB Kavell Conner who received a 7 point boost (now 79 overall) thanks to his 14 tackles on Monday night. Conner wasn't the only player from Monday Night Football to receive a boost. Tampa Bay DE Michael Bennet also increased 6 points raising his overall to 80.
There weren't any big drops in overall this week. LB Kevin Burnett, FB Le'Ron McCLain, and WR Kevin Walter were the biggest losers, all decreasing 2 overall points.
Week 5 saw some more of the same. Green Bay Packers continued to dominate led by Aaron Rodgers who thew for 408 yards and 4 touchdowns. The Dallas Cowboys continued their roller-coaster of a season thanks in part to Tony Romo's 3 interceptions. And also because Detroit Lions WR Calvin Johnson is a complete beast. The Cowboys weren't the only team to blow a giant 2nd-half lead. NFC East rivals, the Philadelphia Eagles failed to live up to their preseason hype, despite Michael VIck throwing for a career-high 416 yards and running for another 75. San Francisco 49ers continued their solid start thanks to Alex Smith's 2 TD passes and Frank Gore's 127 yards on the ground.
In what I thought was the biggest surprise of the week, the Baltimore Ravens layed a complete smackdown on the New York Jets. The Ravens defense made Sanchez uncomfortable from the very beginning and brought pressure all night. Though the Ravens put up 34 points, their offense looked less than stellar. Flacco threw for only 163 yards and Ray Rice only ran for a 2.6 average. Chalk this one up to the Ravens defense.
Below are some of the key player adjustments in Madden NFL 12's Week 5 Update.
- New York Jets QB Mark Sanchez, decrease 83 to 82 overall
- Oakland Raiders WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, increase 71 to 73 overall
- New York GIants WR Hakeen Nicks, increase 89 to 90 overall
- Indianapolis Colts QB Curtis Painter, increase 67 to 69 overall (who knew this guy could throw?)
- Miami Dolphins OL Jake Long, decrease from 97 to 95 overall
- Detroit Lions WR Calvin Johnson, increase 95 to 96 overall (clutch trait added -- umm..what took them so long?)
- Denver Broncos QB Kyle Orton, decrease 82 to 81 overall (it's not his fault he has no help)
- New England Patriots WR Wes Welker, increase, 92 to 93 overall
- Baltimore Ravens LB Jarret Johnson, increase 81 to 83 overall
- Baltimore Ravens LB Ray Lewis, increase 96 to 97 overall (after 16 years in the NFL this guy still continues to dominate and play like he's in his early 20s)
In what could be the saddest news coming from this week, my main man Andre Johnson had his quest to join Club 99 stalled due to injury. In a not-so-shocking update, Chris Cooley's trash talking was raised 10 points. However, when playing the Cowboys, his overall will be lowered by 5 points. (since he chooses not to show up in rivalry games).
That's all for now, folks. To view the complete list of Madden NFL 12 Week 5 Roster Updates, visit EA's official Madden page.