Gears of War 3 'Horde Command Pack' DLC Announced, Arriving November 1
Everybody knew Gears of War 3 was going to be huge. With over 3 million copies sold in the first week, Epic Games and Microsoft wasted no time before announcing the first add-on available for Gears. Though Gears of War 3 wrapped up the story and brought the thrilling trilogy to an end, there have been many rumors and questions as to what the Gears 3 DLC will consist of. Will it expand on the story of characters with lesser face time? Will it introduce a new storyline for future Gears games?
Well today, Epic Games detailed the first Gears of War 3 DLC pack, titled "Horde Command Pack", which will arrive in November. As the title suggests, the DLC centers around the popular Horde 2.0 Mode. The Horde Command Pack brings three new maps, including a revamp of the Blood Drive map seen in Gears of War 2. In addition, the DLC will contain new fortification upgrades, new characters, and new weapon skins.
For $10 (or 800 Microsoft Points), Gears fans can gain access to three new characters: Onyx Guard, Big Rig Dizzy, and Bernie. Also included are the two new weapon skins: Team Plasma and Jungle Camo.
Below are nitty, gritty details of the Horde Command Pack DLC available on November 1st:
- Blood Drive – The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favorite to Horde.
- Rustlung – Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship's Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
- Azura – This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera's educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.
- Command Center – A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
- Decoy Upgrade – A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
- Sentry Upgrade – This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
- Silverback Upgrade – This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.
And for you Achievement Hunters, several new achievements have been included adding 250 gamerscore to unlock.
It should be noted that Horde Command Pack is included with the DLC Season Pass.