DICE Outlines Battlefield 3 Open Beta Bug Fixes, Tweaks Before Official Release
The Battlefield 3 Open Beta has been open for a few days now and already DICE has received some very valuable feedback from those participating. While the majority of feedback from Battlefield 3 Open Beta has been positive, there have been a few reports of bugs. That's to be expected from a game in Beta though. After all, that's what Beta is for.
Using player feedback, DICE has outlined some fixes and changes that will be fixed in Battlefield 3 between now and launch. Below is the first part of a series of bug fixes planned by DICE.
A SELECTION OF CHANGES FROM OPEN BETA TO FINAL, PART 1
- Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
- Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
- Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
- Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
- Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
- A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
- Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
- Tweaked the Rank progression.
- Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
- Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
- Framerate stability fixes.
- The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
- Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
- Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
- Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
- Non working options in squad menu fixed: "Private" flag and "Switch Teams".
Expect many more changes in the coming weeks as player's continue to report bugs. Overall, this Beta has gone pretty smooth, despite a few server setbacks.
If you haven't yet joined, Battlefield 3 Open Beta signups are now available to everyone.
What are your thoughts on the Battlefield 3 Open Beta? Is it everything you were hoping for?