Hide this X
A list of the most popular gaming topics and terms.
1. An abbreviation for elite.
--In a sentence: "That was so 1337.
--Also known as: l33t, leet
--Originated from 31337 (eleet) that was used as a port to hack Windows 95 by the Dead Cow Cult hacker group.
1. A gameserver administrator.
--In a sentence: "I'm going to ask an admin for help."
1. Away from keyboard.
--In a sentence: "I'm going AFK for two minutes."
1. At the moment.
--In a sentence: "I'm busy atm."
1.To prohibit certain players by banning the IP address [usually done when rules have been broken].
--In a sentence: "OMG BAN HIM! He's cheating!"
--Also known as: Banhammer
1. An incomplete version of a game that is released to the public for testing, debugging and exposure.
In a sentence: "I hope I get into the Beta..."
1. Battleground. [in WoW]
2. Bad game
--In a sentence: "Want to run a BG?"
--In a sentence: "I am disappointed, BG."
1. Used in reference to needing a break to use the restroom.
--In a sentence: "Brb bio"..."I need a bio break."
--Originated in FFXI (Final Fantasy 11). Players with language barriers linked spells [Bio, Break] to show when they needed a restroom break.
1. Bind on pick up.
--In a sentence: "That item is BoP."
1. A temporary spell/effect that benefits a player.
2. as a verb: to apply buffs.
--In a sentence: 1. "The ICC buff makes the raid to easy."
--In a sentence: 2. "Buff up guys!"